Friday, March 14, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Kiddie Table!!




With St. Patrick's Day only a couple days away, I wanted to share with you all my St. Patty's kiddie table! You all know I am obsessed with a kiddie table for any holiday-- big or small, so this is obviously a little different in that we are currently on vacation! I set this table scape in hopes to celebrate a few days early with the kiddies before we left for vacation, but this mommy was soooo sick all day that we were going to have a festive little party that we will just have to have a be-lated celebration when we return! ;) In the mean-time I will share the decor :)



Last fall as I was flipping through Pottery Barn Kids' Christmas catalog, I saw the most adorable kiddie table scape I had ever seen, so hence my inspiration to do one for my kiddies! After a Christmas & Valentine's Day one we are on to St. Patrick's Day!! I have this distinct memory as a child of my paternal grandparents always going out for "green beer" on this day. I don't know why I remember this so vividly, but I just know we would see them afterward. My dad's mother was I believe half-Irish. She definitely exuded the Irish descent for looks, personality and all. She was the kindest, most sweet person, but if you messed with her children or upset her, oh my would you ever know it! ;)


To continue with the kiddie table, I literally went to Target and had a hay-day!! But the neat, fun thing is that everything except a couple of things were from the one spot or on clearance on end caps! Seriously one can never go wrong with a Target jaunt for any holiday decor-- big or small :) It is always in the details, and they definitely provide those :)






This time I handmade my bunting from scrapbook paper (different variations and patterns with green and taupe) and foil labels for a scalloped edging border with "letter" stickers to spell out "St. Patrick's Day." I twisted a piece of a spool of burlap and stapled every couple of inches to "hold the twist," and then cut the shape of bunting I wanted for each letter and stapled these to the burlap. To cover the staples I used gold glitter washi tape (if you have never used this stuff it is AMAZING and can be used in SO many ways and comes in a plethora of colors and patterns). This added a finished look to the bunting! I wish it showed up better in pictures, but it truly turned out so darling. It was all done in 1/2 hour, and I will use it again and again :) 



The little place settings were fun, as the paper shamrock plates were perfectly festive and the green and white polka dot napkins were a clearance find I held on to from last spring. :) The little "paper buckets" held gold coins (usually only used for potty-training purposes in our home) ;) so it is a special treat to add as a "favor." The filling and paper bucket were one-spot finds :) 



When I saw this shamrock lighted strand, I knew the kiddies would love it, and it would be a great finishing touch to the table. It does not show well in pictures, but is so adorable in person. Also, I made a small bunting out of $1 ribbon spools from Target as well for a completed look. 



The little centerpiece is a green tray from the one spot with a green glass owl that was on clearance with greenery draping over. The gray chevron piece is filled with extra napkins to add (why not) more green to the table. ;) I also placed a small piece of burlap over the tray for to break up all the green! 


This little watering can has got to be my favorite. I just love how it looks with little white buds peeping over. Also, these shamrock stickers are removable stickers that can be used year after year :)  I used them on the bunting as well. 


I hope you enjoyed my little kiddie St. Patty's table. Even though we did not get to officially use it, I am looking forward to doing so soon!! Do you decorate or do anything special to celebrate this holiday!? I would love to hear. :) 

...until next time!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment