Sunday, January 12, 2014

Matching Mama Monday



As most of you all know, I absolutely adore a Matching Mama Monday!! Who doesn't love to take a matching picture with their little girl (or boy!) ;) ...young or old it truly can never GET old capturing a matching moment! 




included in this post a re-cap of our past matching looks for fun! I know my sweet mom always loved the matching pictures :) and after an emotionally hard day yesterday missing her so incredibly much on her birthday I thought it would be nice to have a fun post that I know she would want me to do-- choosing to be happy and doing what I enjoy. I miss her so much everyday, but I know she is  right by my side smiling along with me. I just so wish we had more time together to capture more memories & moments together.



I have been more intenional taking pictures matching with Bella this past year. I do love matching with Preston too-- it is just much harder finding things that match! 






I will say that the fun part of matching is that 95% of the time I have shopped our own closets! If you really look it is so neat to see how many items you have that probably match your kiddies'. I say this because people ask how I find mommy/daughter matching items, and the truth is that they really are never bought together or at the same time. It just happens to be that they match, and we already have both pieces. 





So every Monday for the past couple of months I thought it would be fun to do a "Matching Mama Monday." I will continue to do it as long as I keep shopping our own closets and finding things that match! It is just a fun little thing that is neat to capture a quick picture of that holds a sweet memory too! I know everyone loves a sweet mommy/daughter or mommy/son picture so I thought it would be a fun excuse to take one every Monday :) 




 I did find a picture of her & I matching and being silly when I was about 9.  I can not remember exactly why, but we both decided to put in "pig tails" and take a funny picture. :) She was definitely always the fun mom who was up for creating special memories doing fun, silly things with us and LOVED laughing with my brother and I and seeing us so happy. She truly was the best mama. These are the pictures that make me miss her more and more because it automatically brings back all the beautiful, happy memories. But really I have to be so grateful I feel sad because that means the memories were so happy, precious, and give me such warm, fuzzy feelings of all the fun times we had together. <3 <3 <3 

...until next time!


2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest! Like you said, it's probably harder to match with boys but I might try it - it's too cute not to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelley!! Yes you must! You will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete