Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My dad's Chili! ~Tuesday's Tasty Dinner Ideas!


Last week I posted about a super sweet and thoughtful recipe book my dad hand- wrote for me. If you missed it you can catch up on it here. This week I am starting with his chili recipe to share with you. 




*note: since it says chili powder I would say 3-4 TABLEspoons. And of course for the kiddies I try to keep theirs aside and not as "spicy."

This is my absolute favorite chili recipe, hands down. And I love that my kiddies and hubby love it too. It is full of flavor and super tasty; you will want to make it again and again. It is super easy because you are literally just layering ingredients into a crockpot or pot on the stove.  

                  Ingredients laid out

              This is what it looks like 
              after the veggies are cut 
              and meat is browned. 

It takes about 30-40 minutes to prep, but that is spent mostly on browning the ground beef and cutting the veggies. I have tried using a chopper in the past, but I just find it easier to hand-chop myself. It is definitely less clean-up and mess in my opinion :) 

               It is super yummy to add
               some cheese to the top 
               with your favorite tortilla 
               chips for dipping :)

One of the reasons I love this recipe so much (besides the great flavor) is because it is full of TONS of veggies-- I feel more than most chili recipes. With cooking it long enough, the veggies get nice and soft and blend right in so my kiddies don't even know they're eating all the celery, peppers, and onions that is in it.  And this makes me a happy mommy knowing they're getting a bowl full of veggies and protein :)  

                 The kiddies had fun
                 painting while I prepped
                  dinner for the evening.


Hope you enjoyed my dad's recipe of yummy goodness!

...until next time! 



2 comments:

  1. This looks SOOOO delicious! I love love love that it has so many veggies in it! Will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea!! <3 I have been meaning to reply back to these, but it wasn't logging in to my google account! ahhh still figuring things out! :) But yes I think you & your sweet family would love this! <3

    ReplyDelete