Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Quote-worthy Day!!


Quotes are one of my absolute favorite things; today I thought what better topic to share than some of my favorite ones!


I have vivid memories of being in 8th grade and sitting and talking about them with my bestie Lindsay. We were both equally obsessed and shared them back and forth like " notes" all the time! Looking back I feel like it was such a "funny" thing to be so "into" at that age, but it really told so much of who we were. We loved talking, analyzing, and looking deep into topics. It was so much fun, and I am so happy to have those fond memories. :) I just wish I could run across some of them we loved! It would be so much fun to take a peek back into our 14-year-old minds. :) 

We all see them all over social media-- quotes, quotes, and more quotes. Some stir our conscience, others inspire, but most of them somehow motivate us to better ourselves; they are all my favorite. My habit is to screenshot them into my camera roll on my phone when I come across one that speaks to me. I try to go back every few days and re-read them. How many times do we just scroll through, read something that provokes interest, think "I need to remember that" and we forget it the next moment!? I do this all.the.time! This is exactly why "screenshot-ing" them helps by being able to go back and look through them! I don't know about you, but there is not much better added "positive" to your day than running across words that provoke in an uplifting way. :) 

Below I am sharing some of my favorite ones from the last month or so. I hope some of these make your day brighter, happier, and more positive-- and better yet some may be JUST what you needed to hear to get you through today! 



Whitney English posted this to Instagram the other day, and I love love loved it!! 


I ran across this and posted it the other day-- HOW true is this!? ...and such a great reminder to us all! Sometimes you run across those quotes that mean an extra lot to you, and this was one of them! 






...I threw this in for fun!! I saw it at a boutique awhile back and thought it was a perfectly girly and glamorous quote to share! ;)


This sign was in Francesca's, and I could not help but take a picture of it because it rang so true. Happiness is so much about perspective and a choice.  It also reminds me of a post from this last winter I blogged about "A Little Bit of Happy after a lot of Sad"

One of my absolute favorite places for inspiring, motivating quotes and stories is Proverbs 31 Ministries. You can find them on Facebook, and I absolutely recommend following them. They make so many days seem easier to navigate through. They brighten many gloomy days and give for better days ahead on those extra tough ones. Below are some of their more recent posts that have helped me through a lot of days. 










This last one is just something extra I wanted to share. It was the number ONE thing people regretted in their last days. A lady who worked in hospice for years wrote this, and I thought this one was definitely worth sharing. How true and SIMPLE does this seem!? The hard thing is that so many (oftentimes without realizing it) live their life to always live up to others' expectations. When I ran across this it stuck as a great reminder to myself to not get caught up in "all of that."  If there is advice I can take from anyone, I will full well take it from people in their last hours; it definitely has an impact. 

Well thank you for stopping by for a "quotes galore" post!! I hope something rang true or inspired you in one way or another!! 

...until next time!! 












5 comments:

  1. What BEAUTIFUL words to take in...especially that last quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I just lovvvved this post....so many of these are awesome!!! The last one is amazing...and the one about happiness, well, just wait until you hear one of the things in my moms book- it is all about choosing happiness!! You are the best and are sooo inspiring and motivating. You make me want to be a better person- thank you for this gift!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby, I love this!!! So inspirational. Is it just me or should we have a Mommy Blogger meet up one day? I think it would be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these fabulous quotes!!! My favorite at the moment is the one from Francesca's about how happiness is a way of life! They all are such great reminders and I definitely need to read them every day ;-)

    ReplyDelete