Thursday, January 2, 2014

31 Days of Christmastime!! ~2013~

This year (or as I type this last year) ;) I wanted a special way to remember all of the fun memories & traditions our family does in the month of December to celebrate Christmastime. I thought it would be fun to create a "31 Days of Christmastime" to always remember the things we did. So here goes:



Day 1: We officially started December with getting our Christmas tree from the local Sell's Christmas tree & reindeer farm, & it sure was fun. The kids absolutely loved it! --especially visiting the  reindeer & sitting in Santa's sleigh :) 




Day 2: While Daddy worked late, the kiddies & I were off to our little town's Gingerland!! They had a blast!! 







Day 3: The kiddies & I were in Toledo so we decided to head to Build-a-Bear to make a Rudolph & Clarice Reindeer! They had a blast, & I had so much fun watching them & seeing how happy they were :) 


Day 4: Grandpa Mike came over, & we watched the Annual Christmas in Rockefeller Center! My mom always watched this with us, so it was so special to have him here with us; Bella loved dancing with Grandpa ❤


Day 5: Preston was attached to his Rudolph for days & days. This day he enjoyed watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with his stuffed Rudolph in tote! :)


Day 6: Hubby did an amazing job hanging the icicles & making our house so Christmasey! Preston & I took advantage of great weather & completed the decor around our front door. Also this day we had our new granite installed in the kitchen for a mini update! 




Day 7: The kiddies had so very much fun meeting Santa at our annual tradition at Lyn Marie's!! I absolutely love that this is the 5th year Preston has sat in Santa's lap at the same place. I also hosted my 5th Annual Girl's Christmas Soirée at my house with our annual ornament exchange! It was so much fun to spend time with everyone :) 







A huge thank you to Andrea at Slightly Askew Designs & Never Say Never for designing this sign for the party for me! I absolutely loved it!! She's the best!! 

Day 8: Preston & I drove up to Toledo to see Disney on Ice with Grandpa Mike!! He had so much fun, & I loved having one-on-one special time with my sweet little boy.



Day 9: The kids enjoyed eating breakfast, lunch, & dinner everyday at their special table set-up our Elf Tinsel made them. 




Day 10: My little loves in the morning with their matching gingerbread jammies on ready for a day of playing.


Day 11: Matching bro & sis again in their Christmas plaid pajamas headed to a family pajama party night at a friend's house for some fun making gingerbread houses & reindeer food!! 




Day 12: The kids loved taking ornaments off & putting them back on the trees this month...a lot...& this day we received our Christmas cards to send out to all our family & friends!! 







Day 13: Be Merry!! It's Friday!! Miss Bella was very festive for a playdate we had with friends. 


Day 14: This very snowy day we woke up & had yummy hot chocolate & the hubby & I were off to a gorgeous winter wedding. They had THE most perfect day!! ~a winter wonderland!! 



Day 15: Miss Bella looked as sweet as can be sleeping away, & Mr. Preston had oh-so-much fun playing in all the snow!!! 



Day 16: the kiddies officially finished decorating their little blue & pink trees that are in each of their rooms. And I could not help but be nostalgic looking at last year's picture doing the same thing :)



Day 17: Preston had his school program this day twice! :) ~once at an assisted living home & then the big program at school that night :) He was a wiseman & loved his special role in the program :) he is growing too fast! I wish he could stay in Pre-School forever!! We also celebrated Christmas with my brother & his lovely girlfriend Jenna (who I already consider my sis!)






Day 18: Bella & Mommy had some last-minute Christmas shopping to get done, & I cherished every moment of this fun mommy/daughter shopping night! It was just so much fun having a sidekick!! I was so that crazy mommy making last-minute Christmas treats for Preston's Pre-school class #mommyhood ;) 



Day 19: I hosted a few fellow Pre-School moms for coffee & then later that night hosted our MOPS steering group Christmas party & we had a scarf exchange-- so much fun!!





Day 20: The kids & I joined many of our friends for Leslie's Annual Cookie Decorating Playdate, & they had sooo much fun!! I love to see how differently the kids each decorate their cookies ;) 






Day 21: Preston got spoiled by Grandpa Mike opening one of his Christmas presents early-- a Lego City Christmas train {happy HAPPY boy! ;)) ...and Adam & I helped surprise some very good husband & wife friends of ours for their 30th birthdays!!





Day 22: A sweet lady from Adam's work came over & helped make Christmas-cutout cookies with the kids. They had so much fun & even had their own rolling pins!! 






Day 23: We started a new family tradition for our little family-- thanks to Shay at mixandmatchmama & Andrea at Never say Never! The kiddies had so much fun driving through the Festival of Lights & getting hot cocoa afterward in their jammies! We can't wait to continue the tradition year to year! 



Day 24: Christmas Eve!!! We celebrated by going to church with Grandpa Mike & having dinner & opening Grandma Pam's gifts (yes she had already bought some...so SO sweet & emotional all at once) & Grandpa Mike's. And there was an extra special surprise visitor!!~ Santa made a special trip to see Preston & Bella before Christmas morning arrived :) ...also Tinsel brought back a girl elf for Bella...Sugarplum!! ...in her couture skirt & all ;) 











Day 25: CHRISTMAS DAY!!! It was full of fun, excitement, & joy for the kiddies-- I felt it more because they were so happy. There is nothing like seeing your little ones on Christmas morning :) we spent the day with Grandpa Mike (Preston was very excited he had spent the night) & finished the day visiting both sets of Adam's grandparents. It was a love-filled day. 







Day 26: Fun playing with some of their favorite new toys :)




Day 27: We had a little family night out to dinner & Bella had a very cool shirt on that her Auntie Brittany found with her name & all :) 



Day 28: My Dad & Mackenzie came to visit for our Christmas celebration with them!! The kids had so much fun, & after dinner Adam & I had a wedding to attend, & they watched the kiddies :) 





Day 29: We woke up, had a yummy breakfast, & exchanged gifts with Granny Mack & Papa Joe!! (Or as he likes to be called Papa Oohh-mow-mow) lol after an oldies song ;) 





Day 30: I officially started taking down allll of the Christmas decorations-- definitely an entire day's work ;) ...& put up Valentine decor at the same time :) Christmastime is a lot of fun, but it was also a very emotional month missing my sweet mama, so I was happy to relish in the memories yet sad to know it was all of our first Christmas without her. I am moving on as best I can-- with one of the ways being through my blog. I know she is looking through all of this with me by my side & smiling. 


...& of course a Valentine's Day inspired mantle :) 


Day 31: HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!! The kids & I had a fun day at home & got to spend the night later on with their Grandma Joyce & Papa Steve! 





It was I believe without a doubt the busiest month of our lives, but I believe God had it for me this way to help me make it through missing my mom more than words can describe. We created some beautiful, fun memories, & I truly felt her with me during them all. Her spirit & utmost love she had lead me everyday.
<3 <3 <3  


Follow me on Instagram at "blychic"









































































1 comment:

  1. What an amazing online scrapbook of memories for your sweet family! I think that I need to do this next December- I just love it. You are such a great mama that is giving your babies the most wonderful memories to cherish!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete