Sunday, January 12, 2014

**Happy First Birthday in Heaven to my sweet Mama**



Today my mama would have celebrated her 59th birthday.  The last four months since she has gone to Heaven have been the hardest months of my life, but I strive to live on in her sweet legacy everyday-- mostly by trying my best to be a great mommy to my little ones. There are so many days that I feel her right next to me, whispering in my ear and giving me her advice. She has guided and gotten me through more days than I ever could have imagined possible. 



I never would have thought between clinging to Jesus and feeling her spiritual guidance that it would help me through the hardest, most emotional days. But it really has been my greatest source of comfort and love to help me make it through since September. 


With it being her birthday, it seems only fitting to talk about a gift. And I hope for her the biggest gift I gave her was her sweet grand-babies and a best friend to her from the time I was young. For me, the greatest gift she gave me was first and foremost my strong faith in God. I tell so many people that this gift of strong faith and my children are the only thing that keeps me going. And it could not be more true.  


So as I navigate through this emotional day that is not easy to get through without being able to talk to her in person, call her, and go to dinner with and share in our fun and great conversation, I know her spirit lives on with me.  And I feel her in my heart every single day. I believe she taught me everything she needed to in the almost 29 years I got to spend with her here on Earth to get me through any kind of day that comes my way-- good or bad, easy or hard. I just need to listen to my heart that she helped form.  So today I celebrate the beautiful life she had and gave to me and our family. 


       "Happy Birthday in Heaven" ~kp

My dad told me that he still feels his own mother's love after her passing 8 years ago, & I know now that I will always feel my sweet mama's love, for when a love is that strong it truly never dies. 


Happy first Birthday in Heaven, sweet Mama. I hope you're surrounded by your own mama and grandma and having just the most joyous, love-filled day celebrating with them and our Heavenly Father. Thank you for everything you have taught me (too many to name) and most of all teaching me how to be a mommy and stay strong in my faith. <3 <3 <3 XOXOXO


...until next time <3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. WOW. Just wow. Most amazing tribute to your sweet mama. I cannot even fathom how proud of you she is! Your quotes about a mom's birthday in Heaven are sooo touching and have so much meaning for me. Love you sweet friend!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Andrea! <3 <3 <3 I am so happy this could mean something to you too! I could not be more blessed to have met you to help each other navigate together! (although I feel like you have helped me way more!!) ;) Love you too!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete