Thursday, January 2, 2014

Annual Girls Christmas Soirée!! (with a nostalgic look back at years past!)

My first Christmas living in this little town I had a 9 month old & had gotten used to traveling back & forth to Toledo to meet up with my friends there for my "friend fix" weekly & sometimes bi-weekly. Eventually I  started making friends here (with many visits from Toledo friends too) ;) so my sweet mama gave me the idea to host a Christmas party with both "old" & "new" friends-- so hence the Annual Girls Christmas Soirée was christened! ;) Every year since then I have hosted this very special party that is very near & dear to my heart. This year was the largest group yet, & it is so fun to see how it has grown throughout the years :) I will start off with pictures from this year's & work my way back to 2009 for a nostalgic look back :) 

2013: Fifth Annual Girls Christmas Soirée!!


We had so much fun celebrating Christmas & spending quality time together catching up & enjoying yummy food & tasty drinks :) We also have an ornament exchange every year that is so much fun!!


This year I met a new friend via IG; her name is Andrea, & I have had her design cards & invitations for me every chance I get over the last year :) She always does an amazing job seeing my vision, & this year's sign for the party was perfection! Andddd she had THE best idea to send it as a keepsake to the girls with a group shot inside the framed part; I will be doing that soon! She's the sweetest! 


This year & last I did a silver & gold color scheme, yet I changed it up this year with adding branches as the "runner" & gold bird tea lights with a little change up to linen colors as well to make it a little more unique from last year. I love making it "fancy," as it is nice to have a good excuse to use china from our wedding & have a sit-down where all the girls can enjoy a relaxing evening out & enjoy the "Christmasey" aura. I always have so much fun setting the table & decorating-- but most of all spending the entire evening with my favorite ladies!! 




Such a fun year; I can't wait for next year's!! It's always such a fun night with friends full of special memories!!

2012: Fourth Annual Girls Christmas Soirée!!
This was the first Christmas having the party in our current home!! And as you can see below, I was better getting individual pictures with a lot of the girls last year than this year ;) 
I can not believe this was a year ago!! 

2011: Third Annual Girls Christmas Soiree~ I unfortunately do not have a picture :(  We celebrated that year all together at Mancy's Italian in Sylvania, but I don't think we ever took a picture. :( ~SO not like us! But let's just say there was a lot going on at that time so we'll chalk it up to that. P.S. if any friends reading this DO have a picture from that year please send it my way!! :) 

2010: Second Annual Girls Christmas Soirée! 
Most of the girls that were there-- we did not catch everyone at once :) ...and this was the last year in our old home-- ahh the memories!! ;) 
A lot of red & green incorporated for the table this year 
I was 18 weeks pregnant with Bella, & I will never forget Olivia catching me at the last second for this ;) 
Group shot before the ornament exchange 

2009: First Annual Girls Christmas Soirée!!

I can.not.believe this was 4 years ago!! So much fun though! I still remember it like it was yesterday ironically...
...& this picture...I will never.ever.forget my sweet mama taking this picture of Preston & I before everyone arrived! Ahhh tearing up! First because I vividly remember her helping me get the house, food, etc. ready that day & just being there with me...& secondly, just look at my sweet little baby boy!! I don't want him to grow up anymore...!! Such sweetness! If I could go back & crawl in this picture for a day I SO would. <3 <3 <3

...until next time!!

Thanks for catching up & taking a look back with me at such a special tradition I love to have with my closest friends during the Christmas season <3 

Follow me on Instagram at blychic 










 

































3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! You put SOOO much work into these special nights and it shows! Your decor is fabulous! I think I need to make a road trip next year to come :) xoxo- Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls so much!! And yes you def must come next year!!! <3

    ReplyDelete