Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Comfy Cozy Wednesday


Happy Wednesday everyone! This week has been snow day after snow day, but with just a two-hour delay today it was nice to get back to a routine-- even as much as I loved the "off" days!! With a calm afternoon with two kiddos napping (rarely EVER happens anymore) ;) I thought it would be the perfect "Comfy Cozy Wednesday" kind of day and wanted to share with you a Bible verse that has been resonating with me lately. 

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed where to "start" when I want to pick up and read the Bible; so sometimes I will just randomly think of any book or verse in the Bible and open to that particular verse. The other day I was doing exactly this and came across John 14:16. And my oh my did I ever feel that the Lord had laid this verse on my heart for a special reason. It read:


"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter [Counsellor], that He may abide with you for ever;" 


This verse really seems so simple, but it truly is so powerful at the same time. Doesn't that word comfort just make us all feel so warm & loved? I know there are so many days that no matter how many people I have chatted with or been around, I still feel lonely because all I want so badly is to talk to my sweet mama. And I know even if she was still here I would probably feel the same sometimes. In fact I think we all have days like this; it is part of our human nature. And the truth in this little verse really will "set you free" from feeling lonely, for God is ALWAYS with us and ALWAYS our comforter that never leaves us. It teaches us to lean on Him and not the world for our daily "love-fill" or validation. It is so easy to get wrapped up in feeling sorry for ourselves  (in my case losing my mama) with whatever we may be going through at the time. But it is so important to look to God and always always always lean on Him to get us through those not-so-easy days-- whatever they might entail. 





I know this verse has really made a difference in my life these past few days, and I hope it can yours too for those days we just aren't feeling fulfilled by the world around us (because really we can never be totally fulfilled by "the world" or any person). Only God our Comforter has the power for that kind of feat.  I hope to always remember that even though God called my sweet mama home to Heaven earlier than we ever could have expected, I will always rely on Him first and foremost as my Comforter.




God has truly given me so many "signs" of comfort over the past few months since losing my mama. ~from gorgeous "pink" skies as I call them to birds flying across the sky and circling back around or even swooping right in front of my car while driving. I feel He has given me these things as signs of love and peace of heart that not only is God always with me but also my mama is always right by my side. I am sure others who have lost a  loved one have similar stories as well. It is amazing what we can feel comforted by if we just listen to the Holy Spirit's whispers of hope and love; for these stunning skies and beautiful birds have gotten me through more days of tears and heartache than I ever would have thought possible. I truly believe when losing a very close loved one our eyes become more open to the world around us than ever before. It is just so important to recognize what God has set before us and take notice enough to let it help us through that day and the next and the next. God gives us exactly what we need if we just open our hearts to accept Him. 






I hope anyone reading this has been able to find some kind of peace, hope, or love  in our Savior.  ~wishing you a comfy, cozy, fulfilled heart today! 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Honey. It was very inspirational :-)
    Love,
    Ala

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. I can see why those beautiful photos of the sky bring you comfort. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete