Thursday, January 9, 2014

Five on Friday!


Today I am linking up with a few other blogs for this series!

 
This week I am going to share 5 things that I have been obsessed with lately!
 

~Number 1~
 
 
Poppy Tree Frames!! If you have ever been to my home you know I am totally in love with these super cute & eclectic frames.  To put it lightly, once you get your first, you are hooked! 






They create custom,  handmade frames in many different styles, shades, & prints.  The best thing about them (besides how incredibly cute they are) is that they do weekly specials via Facebook and Instagram! You should totally check them out here if you haven't already.  I promise you will be hooked!
And you can follow them on Facebook here!

Photo credits for pictures in these frames is Lesilee Du Fresne Lesilee Du Fresne Photography 
    
~Number 2~
 

With Valentine's day right around the corner (well SORT of) ;) I am so excited to start decorating our home for this super fun and special holiday.  In fact I kind of already did when I took Christmas decorations down ;) Anyone who knows me well knows I am obsessed with decorating for any holiday, big or small :)  Growing up my mom always made it so meaningful for my brother and I on Valentine's Day with a special breakfast and treats in the morning before school with a cute little table set-up.  I so wish I could find a picture of it from "back in the day" --I know I will run across it one of these days :) ...but for now I am getting very excited to start thinking about getting Preston & Bella's kiddie table ready.  This will be the first year I have done a Valentine's table for them since they are getting to the age they are really loving it & get so excited by these little/big things :)
 
Currently I am waiting for a few little items to arrive...
These are little plates from Pottery Barn Kids, & are just the cutest little plates for the kiddies' Valentine table <3
And then there are these little tumblers <3
...and these adorable placemats
I am in love with sweet little chair backers too! These do not disappoint <3 


This little Valentine's banner I picked up at Meijer of all places! It will look so cute over the kiddies' table <3

~Number 3~
 

So this one is a little funny, but I am telling you my kids LOVE it, and I have grown to love it just as much-- some of you probably own one or have at least heard of it, but this sweet little dog "Jingle" is just one of the best little interactive toy/book/stuffed animal ever.  Preston and Bella are obsessed with reading the books and listening to what "Jingle" has to say in response.  I picked this up the day after Christmas for 40% off, and they have of course other characters you can buy as well with books.  If you're looking for a great gift or just something a little different to "change up" storytime at your home, this is the.perfect.answer.  We adore Jingle :) 
 
~Number 4~
 
Pier 1 Imports Lanterns!


Who doesn't love a lantern!? It is THE perfect decorative accessory!  And Pier 1 happens to have some of the cutest ones.  I bought this one to add to my Valentine's Day mantle. 
 

 It was such a nice, fresh little furnishing to add after the Christmas garland and stocking holders came down. I love a Christmas mantle, but I was even more excited for this mantle this year.

 The lanterns at this store are reasonably priced and come in just so many shapes, sizes, and colors; it is fun just to scroll through their page and see all the choices! View them here!


These are some mint ones I picked up last spring to use for Bella's Vintage Cinderella 2nd Birthday party, (pics coming soon in a later post!) and I love that I could re-use them around the house to decorate seasonally with.  :)  

~Number 5~
 

Hallmark Keepsake ornaments! If Ala or Lynsey are reading this they are definitely shaking their heads and laughing right now.  To say I am obsessed with these ornaments is an understatement.  They filled up our 9.5 foot tree & now are spilling over to the next tree I added in our kitchen this year.  But right now...is the time to buy them! (if they're not TOO picked over already!) They are at least 50% off in most stores, & there are just so many cute ones to collect-- especially at such a great price! If you have never bought one, you must.  They truly have an ornament for any interest or style :)


The day this little "dreambook" comes out every late spring/early summer is one of my favorite "mail" days...it has most of the keepsake ornaments for that year. Needless to say it is about 7-8 months before Christmas, but I love to see what is coming our for that year & start planning a wishlist :)


These are some I bought after Christmas at a fantastic price. I am saving at least one a year for the kids until they have a family of their own someday, & they will have a big box of keepsake ornaments to fill their own trees. My mom did this for my brother, myself, and cousins. It was so much fun to get the box at our first Christmas married to look back on 25 years of ornaments she collected for us. So I will be continuing this with the kiddies. :) 

 Well I hope you enjoyed my first link-up installment of 5 on Friday! Let me know if you have ever bought any of these things I am obsessed with and what you think of them!?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Love those frames! And all the PBK holiday decorations! I've been decorating for Valentine's Day since taking down the Christmas decor too :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!! Thank you for stopping by!! Oh my goodness right!? PBK has the cutest holiday decor for kiddies :) I just checked out your blog; I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally digging those frames (I'm a picture frame queen!) lol. by the way, thanks for stopping by earlier and saying hi! Is there a way to follow your blog? I'm looking but don't see a way; also, I tried responding to your comment but it says you're a no reply blogger (if you google how to fix that it'll show you how) - basically, right now, everyone's blog you're commenting on has no way of replying back so it makes it seem like nobody likes you but in all reality, they just can't. hahahaha. (can you tell I'm speaking from experience)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! Thank you SO much for telling me! I had no idea! I googled it, & it is fixed! Thanks again! That was so sweet of you to tell me :) ...now I need to figure out how to get the followers part up ;) thanks for stopping by! And aren't frames the best!? So happy to have met a fellow frame-obsessed gal ;)

      Delete
    2. I set-up a "follow me on bloglovin" link you can follow me at the top of my blog page. Thanks again for the reminder <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing Shelby!! I love all of your ideas and traditions!! You're home looks gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie!! And thank you for stopping by!! :) you're so sweet!

      Delete
  5. Kept trying to comment on your blogs yesterday from my phone and it wouldn't let me! I LOVE this post! We are sooo much alike! I am obsessed with pottery barn kids holiday decor! And I have a huge poppy tree frame in my online shopping cart that is waiting to be purchased! Soooo fun and all of your pics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww!! Thanks, Andrea!! lol...yes I think we are soul sisters in how much alike we are!! I can't wait to see what Poppy Tree frame you're going to get! Make sure to post a picture!! Thanks again!! <3

      Delete